Neighbors who know one another are more likely to feel invested in their community. Here are some ideas for events that will bring your neighbors together.
- Every party needs music! If possible, find a local band. A good stereo system is still an acceptable way to set the mood.
- Set up kid-friendly activities such as games and face-painting.
- Hold contests. Find local businesses to donate prizes or coupons.
- Hold a pet parade.
- Set up a photo booth.
- Make it a potluck.
Neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt
- Use a local park or school yard.
- Plan a rain date just in case.
- Recruit helpers to stuff plastic eggs.
- Assign certain egg colors to certain age groups and make them more or less difficult to find.