A press release is a written communication to the media. It can be used to announce events or stories. The intended purpose it to generate interest.
Things to consider when writing a press release:
- Your press release will add credibility to your organization.
- Write press releases in a way that makes your event or message seem newsworthy.
- Provide strong quotes that will intrigue someone to want to learn more.
- Recruit someone with strong writing skills or PR experience if you are not comfortable writing them yourself.
- Email is usually the best way to deliver a press release to news outlet. A digital format will be easier for them to edit and reproduce.
For some example press releases, visit FitSmallBusiness.com.